Last Updated: May 9. 2019
Thank you for visiting Sinkholemaps.com (“Sinkholemaps” or “We”). We respect and value the privacy of visitors to our site. To better protect your privacy, we provide this statement explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
How We Keep Your Personal Information Secure
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information. Access to your Personal Information is only granted to our staff who require such access. Backups are run to reduce the risk of loss of information, and our Internet servers are housed in secure have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. While we take the steps described above to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We retain your personal data for so long as is necessary with regard to the purposes for which it` was collected or lawfully further processed, or for so long as may be necessary in light of our legal obligations.
Your Data Protection Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, please use the “contact us” page.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
International Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred and processed in, countries other than the country in which it has been collected or in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our website servers, our Service servers and third party service providers and partners operate in the EU, Asia and the USA. This means that when we collect your Personal Information we may process it in any part of these regions or countries.
Information We Collect
We may collect information (non-personally-identifiable information) in the following ways when you visit our site: a) Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends. b) We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. c) We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our site and enables us to customize our services and advertisements. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
How We May Use the Information
We may use information to:
Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
Customize the advertising and content that you see on our site;
Facilitate use of our site;
Analyze use of and improve our site, products and services;
Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our site; and
We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Sinkholemaps, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
Updates & Effective Date